2018 GBC Motto
Don’t be afraid! Speak Out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you… (Acts 18:9-10)
Though a vision given directly to the apostle Paul, it is also a word for the people of GBC for this season. We are to be a people who speak out for the Lord. The speaking out about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ should be the core of our daily lives. There are more people for the Kingdom of God than we know. We should not be afraid and most certainly not silent! Silence is what helps Satan advance. So let's thank God that He is with us and live our lives in that truth.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
GBC CHURCH NEWS week commencing 15 July
- Sunday 15th July at 10am. The meeting will be led by Carleen Donaldson-Hall and will include communion. Andy Robertson will be speaking.
- Monday 16th from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 16th. Prayer tower 8pm. Meeting for prayers for the community.
- Tuesday 17th at 9.15am to 11am. Noahs Ark Toddler Group. Last one for this term. Will reopen on Tuesday 11th September.
- Tuesday 17th at 7.30pm. Bible Study group. See Margaret Hall.
- Wednesday 18th from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Wednesday 18th at 7.45.pm. Bible Study Group. See Pastor Warren or Barbara Pack.
- Sunday 22nd at 10am. The meeting will be led by Hannah Adenubi and Pastor Warren will be speaking.
Ealing Foodbank Shopping List for July
- Tinned Meat
- Instant Coffee/Drinking Chocolate
- Tinned Soup
- Savoury Snacks & Crackers
- Tinned Rice Pudding & Custard
- Vegetarian Chilli & Curry
- Tinned Fruit
- Ketchup & Mayo (small sizes please)
A Great Opportunity
Pastor David will be leading a small group (no more than four in total) on a visit to Rachel and Adam in Bosnia Herzegovina in October. There will be plenty of opportunity to see first-hand and find out about the context Adam and Rachel work in and to get involved. The group will be joining in English conversation in local schools as well as attending the church that Adam and Rachel are a part of. There will be time for some sightseeing as well, and the opportunity to enjoy the local food. The dates are departure Thursday October 11 and return on Monday October 22. If you would like to find out more contact Pastor David by email or phone ASAP.