2018 GBC Motto
Don’t be afraid! Speak Out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you… (Acts 18:9-10)
Though a vision given directly to the apostle Paul, it is also a word for the people of GBC for this season. We are to be a people who speak out for the Lord. The speaking out about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ should be the core of our daily lives. There are more people for the Kingdom of God than we know. We should not be afraid and most certainly not silent! Silence is what helps Satan advance. So let's thank God that He is with us and live our lives in that truth.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
GBC CHURCH NEWS week commencing 16 and 23 September
- Sunday 16th at 10am. The meeting will be led by Rotimi Awoniyi and will include Communion. Steve Williams will be speaking.
- Monday 17th from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 17th at 8pm. Prayer Tower in the church building. A time of waiting on God and prayer for the local community and church.
- Tuesday 18th from 9.15am to 11am. Noahs Ark Parent & Toddler Group.
- Tuesday 18th at 7.30pm Bible study group led by Margaret Hall in the church.
- Wednesday 19th from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA. For those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Wednesday 19th. Jon and Ann’s house group meet.
- Sunday 23rd at 10am. The meeting will be led by Carleen Donaldson-Hall including a thanksgiving service for Ayomide Samuel Oluwaseyi Juba. Pastor David Wise will be speaking.
- Sunday 23rd following the meeting a celebration lunch is being provided by Mr and Mrs Juba and their family. All are welcome.
- Monday 24th from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 24th at 8pm. Prayer Tower. The Prayer Time will meet outside Greenford Methodist Church to prayer walk the Broadway with Greenford Methodist.
- Tuesday 25th from 9.15am to 11am. Noahs Ark Parent & Toddler Group.
- Tuesday 25th at 7.30pm Bible study group led by Margaret Hall in the church building.
- Wednesday 26th from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA. For those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Wednesday 26th at 7.45pm. Barbara Pack’s house group meet.
- Thursday 27th at 7.30pm. Inductive Bible Study. See Below.
- Sunday 30th at 10am. The meeting will be led by Hannah Adenubi and will include Communion and the baptism of Dami Olubokun. Pastor David will be speaking.
Inductive Bible study
Led by Kevin Beardshaw – a course to learn how to study the Bible - starts 27th September for 8 weeks in the church building 7.45pm to-9.45pm. Cost £10
Ealing Foodbank Shopping List
- Tinned Meat
- Instant Coffee/Drinking Chocolate
- Tinned Soup
- Savoury Snacks & Crackers
- Tinned Rice Pudding & Custard
- Vegetarian Chilli & Curry
- Tinned Fruit
- Ketchup & Mayo (small sizes please)
Pastor David Wise Latest Writings
Also here is an article published in Ministry Today in 2015 on the development of multi-ethnic worship at GBC. It is also copyright. Read here
Pastor David's earlier writings can be read at greenfordbaptist.london/wise.
Subscribing to the GBC NEWS email service
Most of us and our friends receive the CHURCH NEWS and Bible teaching video announcements by weekly email but some may not be aware of this service.
If you are not on the subscribers email list you can do so now by adding your name and email address to the adjacent sign-up box.
If you ever change your mind you will be able to un-subscribe at any time by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Meeting Together and House Groups
We really encourage everybody at Greenford Baptist Church to think about joining a Meeting Together or mid-week House Group.
Being part of a Meeting Together or house group is as vital to your Christian experience and growth as going to church on Sunday.
Leave a Legacy to a Christian Charity
Do you want to leave a legacy of Christian love in action for the work of Greenford Baptist Church or another Christian charity?
You can play your part in putting God's transforming love into action by leaving a legacy gift to Christian charities when you write your will.
This type of Christian giving is vital to the future of Christian charities, particularly in these challenging times.
When you leave a legacy gift in your will, you can ensure that today's Christian work continues in the future. So, when writing a will, please consider leaving a legacy to a Christian Charity as part of your stewardship giving. It's easy. Browse the Christian Legacy website to find out more, then contact your solicitor. Your gift whatever the size – can make a real difference.
The Writings of Pastor David Wise
West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder
The West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder is a faith communities declaration on community cohesion and if you would like to read more please click here to open the .pdf file of the WLCCP poster. We at Greenford Baptist Church are in active agreement with it.