2018 GBC Motto
Don’t be afraid! Speak Out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you… (Acts 18:9-10)
Though a vision given directly to the apostle Paul, it is also a word for the people of GBC for this season. We are to be a people who speak out for the Lord. The speaking out about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ should be the core of our daily lives. There are more people for the Kingdom of God than we know. We should not be afraid and most certainly not silent! Silence is what helps Satan advance. So let's thank God that He is with us and live our lives in that truth.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
GBC CHURCH NEWS 9 December to 25 December
- Sunday 9th December at 10am. The meeting will be led by Hannah Adenubi. Pastor Warren will be speaking.
- Monday 10th at 8pm. Prayer Tower Meeting in the church creche room.
- Tuesday 11th at 7.30pm Bible study group led by Margaret Hall in the church.
- Wednesday 12th at 7.45pm. Jon and Anne Batham House group.
- Sunday 16th December at 10am.The meeting will be led by Carleen Donaldson Hall and will include communion. Pastor Warren will be speaking.
- Sunday 16th at 6pm. Carols in the Garden. Outside the church building. Led by Andy Robertson. All welcome.
- Monday 17th at 8pm. Prayer Tower Meeting in the church creche room.
- Tuesday 18th at 7.30pm Bible study group led by Margaret Hall in the church.
- Sunday 23rd December at 10am The meeting will be led by Steve Williams and Steve will be speaking.
- Monday 24th at 11.30pm. Late Night Communion led by Andy Robertson.
- Tuesday 25th December at 11am. All Age Celebration led by Pastor David Wise and Lesley Wise. A short service to celebrate Jesus Birthday. Children are welcome to bring a favourite present. And adults too!
Ealing Foodbank Shopping List
- Tinned Meat
- Tinned Fish
- Dried Milk
- Long Life Sponge Puddings • Potatoes – tinned & instant
- Long Life Fruit Juice & Squash • Tinned Custard & Rice Pudding
- Vegetarian Chilli & Curry - cans
- Washing Up Liquid – small sizes please
Whilst the works are being done the adults will meet in the Sunday Club room at 10am. ASK? and Sunday Club start at 10am and will be meeting upstairs. Unfortunately this means that we are not able to provide a staffed creche but parents and carers are more than welcome to have their crèche age children with them in the adult meeting. We anticipate that all meetings will finish around 11.30am.
Pastor David Wise Latest Writings
Also here is an article published in Ministry Today in 2015 on the development of multi-ethnic worship at GBC. It is also copyright. Read here
Pastor David's earlier writings can be read at greenfordbaptist.london/wise.
Subscribing to the GBC NEWS email service
Most of us and our friends receive the CHURCH NEWS and Bible teaching video announcements by weekly email but some may not be aware of this service.
If you are not on the subscribers email list you can do so now by adding your name and email address to the adjacent sign-up box.
If you ever change your mind you will be able to un-subscribe at any time by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Meeting Together and House Groups
We really encourage everybody at Greenford Baptist Church to think about joining a Meeting Together or mid-week House Group.
Being part of a Meeting Together or house group is as vital to your Christian experience and growth as going to church on Sunday.
Leave a Legacy to a Christian Charity
Do you want to leave a legacy of Christian love in action for the work of Greenford Baptist Church or another Christian charity?
You can play your part in putting God's transforming love into action by leaving a legacy gift to Christian charities when you write your will.
This type of Christian giving is vital to the future of Christian charities, particularly in these challenging times.
When you leave a legacy gift in your will, you can ensure that today's Christian work continues in the future. So, when writing a will, please consider leaving a legacy to a Christian Charity as part of your stewardship giving. It's easy. Browse the Christian Legacy website to find out more, then contact your solicitor. Your gift whatever the size – can make a real difference.
The Writings of Pastor David Wise
West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder
The West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder is a faith communities declaration on community cohesion and if you would like to read more please click here to open the .pdf file of the WLCCP poster. We at Greenford Baptist Church are in active agreement with it.