2017 GBC Motto
THE LORD IS A WARRIOR (Exodus 15:3)
This is a bold statement of fact about our loving God that we in 21st century church appear to “ignore.” Our God loves His world with a warrior passion. Wanting to reclaim the ground from evil and restore hope in the lives of everyone who has none. Our warrior God does this through His people. The church should do this with a bold and confident authority using all the spiritual gifts that He has imparted to us.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
Meetings Week Commencing Sunday 22 and 29 October
- Sunday 22nd October at 10.00am - The meeting will be led by Andy Robertson and Andy Robertson will be speaking.
- Monday 23rd from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 23rd at 8.00pm - Prayer Tower. Meets in the church building.
- Wednesday 25th from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Friday 27th from 7.30pm to 9.30pm - Undefined, our weekly youth discipleship group. Meets in the church building.
- Sunday 29th October at 10.00am - The meeting will be led by Hannah Adenubi and will include communion. Liz Robertson will be speaking.
- Monday 30th from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 30th at 8.00pm - Prayer Tower. Meets in the church building.
- Tuesday 31st at 7.00pm - Prayer Walk around Greenford.
- Tuesday 31st from 9.15am to 11.00am - Noah's Ark Parent & Toddler Group.
- Wednesday 1st November from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Thursday 2nd from 7.45pm to 9.45pm - Beta Course. Meets in the church building. See below for details.
- Friday 3rd from 7.30pm to 9.30pm - Undefined, our weekly youth discipleship group. Meets in the church building.
- Sunday 5th at 10.00am - The meeting will be led by Carleen Donaldson-Hall and will include communion. Pastor Warren will be speaking.
Prayer Walk Tuesday 31st October 2017 at 7pm.
We shall be gathering to prayer walk and shine the light in Greenford on this evening. Come and join in.
We need a new administrator for the Church News. Is God asking you to serve in this way? Please contact Pastor Warren or Chris Davey, who can tell you what is involved. Full training will be provided.
Pastor David Wise Latest Writings
Also here is an article published in Ministry Today in 2015 on the development of multi-ethnic worship at GBC. It is also copyright. Read here
Pastor David's earlier writings can be read at greenfordbaptist.london/wise.
Subscribing to the GBC NEWS email service
Most of us and our friends receive the CHURCH NEWS and Bible teaching video announcements by weekly email but some may not be aware of this service.
If you are not on the subscribers email list you can do so now by adding your name and email address to the adjacent sign-up box.
If you ever change your mind you will be able to un-subscribe at any time by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Meeting Together and House Groups
We really encourage everybody at Greenford Baptist Church to think about joining a Meeting Together or mid-week House Group.
Being part of a Meeting Together or house group is as vital to your Christian experience and growth as going to church on Sunday.
Leave a Legacy to a Christian Charity
Do you want to leave a legacy of Christian love in action for the work of Greenford Baptist Church or another Christian charity?
You can play your part in putting God's transforming love into action by leaving a legacy gift to Christian charities when you write your will.
This type of Christian giving is vital to the future of Christian charities, particularly in these challenging times.
When you leave a legacy gift in your will, you can ensure that today's Christian work continues in the future. So, when writing a will, please consider leaving a legacy to a Christian Charity as part of your stewardship giving. It's easy. Browse the Christian Legacy website to find out more, then contact your solicitor. Your gift whatever the size – can make a real difference.
The Writings of Pastor David Wise
West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder
The West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder is a faith communities declaration on community cohesion and if you would like to read more please click here to open the .pdf file of the WLCCP poster. We at Greenford Baptist Church are in active agreement with it.