2018 GBC Motto
Don’t be afraid! Speak Out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you… (Acts 18:9-10)
Though a vision given directly to the apostle Paul, it is also a word for the people of GBC for this season. We are to be a people who speak out for the Lord. The speaking out about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ should be the core of our daily lives. There are more people for the Kingdom of God than we know. We should not be afraid and most certainly not silent! Silence is what helps Satan advance. So let's thank God that He is with us and live our lives in that truth.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
GBC CHURCH NEWS week commencing 27 May
- Sunday May 27th at 10am. This All Age meeting will be led by Andy Robertson and Pastor Warren will be speaking. There are two Baptisms at this service.
- Monday 28th May from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Tuesday 29th May at 7.30pm. Bible Study group. See Margaret Hall.
- Wednesday 30th May from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Sunday June 3rd at 10am. The meeting will be led Pastor Warren and will include Communion. Pastor Warren will be speaking.
- Sunday June 3rd at 12.30pm. Members Meeting. Agenda’s are available.
Mattress needing a new home
There is a nearly new double mattress needing a new home - please speak to Timi.
Iron Men - 10th June
Iron men will be meeting on 10th June.
We are running low on supplies for this- please can you buy a few extra groceries, the following is the current list of items needed:
- NOODLES - ALL TYPES AND FLAVOURS
- TINNED VEGETABLES - PEAS, CARROTS, GREEN BEANS, MUSHROOMS, TOMATOES
- DRIED POTATOES
- DRIED MILK
- UHT MILK - 1 LITRE
- SWEET BISCUITS
- SHOWER GEL
Please put them in the box in the church. This is a valuable way for those who have resources to buy food to show our love and care for those facing hard times. Thank you.
GBC CHURCH NEWS week commencing 20 May
- Sunday May 20th at 10am. The meeting will be led by Pastor Warren and will include communion. Elizabeth Robertson will be speaking
- Monday 21st May from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 21st at 8.00pm - Prayer Tower. Meets in the church building.
- Tuesday 22nd May from 9.15am to 11.00am - Noah's Ark Parent & Toddler Group.
- Tuesday 22nd May at 7.30pm. Bible Study group. See Margaret Hall.
- Wednesday 23rd May from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Friday 25th May at 7.30pm. Undefined. Youth Group meeting.
- Sunday May 27th at 10am. The meeting will be led by Andy Robertson and include baptisms. Pastor Warren will be speaking.
Advanced Notice - Iron Men
Iron Men will be meeting on 10th June straight after the morning meeting.
Pastor David Wise Latest Writings
Also here is an article published in Ministry Today in 2015 on the development of multi-ethnic worship at GBC. It is also copyright. Read here
Pastor David's earlier writings can be read at greenfordbaptist.london/wise.
Subscribing to the GBC NEWS email service
Most of us and our friends receive the CHURCH NEWS and Bible teaching video announcements by weekly email but some may not be aware of this service.
If you are not on the subscribers email list you can do so now by adding your name and email address to the adjacent sign-up box.
If you ever change your mind you will be able to un-subscribe at any time by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Meeting Together and House Groups
We really encourage everybody at Greenford Baptist Church to think about joining a Meeting Together or mid-week House Group.
Being part of a Meeting Together or house group is as vital to your Christian experience and growth as going to church on Sunday.
Leave a Legacy to a Christian Charity
Do you want to leave a legacy of Christian love in action for the work of Greenford Baptist Church or another Christian charity?
You can play your part in putting God's transforming love into action by leaving a legacy gift to Christian charities when you write your will.
This type of Christian giving is vital to the future of Christian charities, particularly in these challenging times.
When you leave a legacy gift in your will, you can ensure that today's Christian work continues in the future. So, when writing a will, please consider leaving a legacy to a Christian Charity as part of your stewardship giving. It's easy. Browse the Christian Legacy website to find out more, then contact your solicitor. Your gift whatever the size – can make a real difference.
The Writings of Pastor David Wise
West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder
The West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder is a faith communities declaration on community cohesion and if you would like to read more please click here to open the .pdf file of the WLCCP poster. We at Greenford Baptist Church are in active agreement with it.