2018 GBC Motto
Don’t be afraid! Speak Out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you… (Acts 18:9-10)
Though a vision given directly to the apostle Paul, it is also a word for the people of GBC for this season. We are to be a people who speak out for the Lord. The speaking out about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ should be the core of our daily lives. There are more people for the Kingdom of God than we know. We should not be afraid and most certainly not silent! Silence is what helps Satan advance. So let's thank God that He is with us and live our lives in that truth.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
GBC CHURCH NEWS week commencing 18 March
- Sunday 18th at 10am The meeting will be led by Andy Robertson and will include communion. Pastor Warren will be speaking
- Monday 19th from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 19th at 8.00pm - Prayer Tower. Meets in the church building.
- Tuesday 20th from 9.15am to 11.00am - Noah's Ark Parent & Toddler Group.
- Tuesday 20th at 7.30pm. Bible Study group. See Margaret Hall.
- Wednesday 21st from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Friday 23rd March from 7.30pm to 9.30pm - Undefined, our weekly youth discipleship group. Meets in the church building.
- Sunday 25th March Palm Sunday 10am Carleen Donaldson-Hall will be leading. Steve Williams will be speaking
Sunday 25th March - Iron men
Men's group meeting in the main church hall right after connection time. Lively discussions looking at what it means to be a man today. Snacks will be provided. Speak to Varinder for more details.
New House Group - Tuesday 20th March at 7.30pm
The aim of this group is to study the Word of God together and encourage each other to share our faith with unbelievers. To help new believers and grow with one another in knowledge and relationship with our Lord and Saviour.
It will be in the church building. See Margaret Hall.
- Maundy Thursday - 8pm. Reflection time in both Ask? Room and Sunday Club Room led by Liz Robertson and Pastor Warren.
- Good Friday - 10.30am. Reflection time in Worship Area led by Liz Robertson and Pastor Warren. Then leave at 11.15am to walk to Northala Fields for service with other churches.
- Easter Saturday - 10am. Reflection Time led by Pastor Warren.
- Easter Sunday - 10am. Celebration time. Will include two baptisms.
Pastor David Wise Latest Writings
Also here is an article published in Ministry Today in 2015 on the development of multi-ethnic worship at GBC. It is also copyright. Read here
Pastor David's earlier writings can be read at greenfordbaptist.london/wise.
Subscribing to the GBC NEWS email service
Most of us and our friends receive the CHURCH NEWS and Bible teaching video announcements by weekly email but some may not be aware of this service.
If you are not on the subscribers email list you can do so now by adding your name and email address to the adjacent sign-up box.
If you ever change your mind you will be able to un-subscribe at any time by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Meeting Together and House Groups
We really encourage everybody at Greenford Baptist Church to think about joining a Meeting Together or mid-week House Group.
Being part of a Meeting Together or house group is as vital to your Christian experience and growth as going to church on Sunday.
Leave a Legacy to a Christian Charity
Do you want to leave a legacy of Christian love in action for the work of Greenford Baptist Church or another Christian charity?
You can play your part in putting God's transforming love into action by leaving a legacy gift to Christian charities when you write your will.
This type of Christian giving is vital to the future of Christian charities, particularly in these challenging times.
When you leave a legacy gift in your will, you can ensure that today's Christian work continues in the future. So, when writing a will, please consider leaving a legacy to a Christian Charity as part of your stewardship giving. It's easy. Browse the Christian Legacy website to find out more, then contact your solicitor. Your gift whatever the size – can make a real difference.
The Writings of Pastor David Wise
West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder
The West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder is a faith communities declaration on community cohesion and if you would like to read more please click here to open the .pdf file of the WLCCP poster. We at Greenford Baptist Church are in active agreement with it.