2018 GBC Motto
Don’t be afraid! Speak Out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you… (Acts 18:9-10)
Though a vision given directly to the apostle Paul, it is also a word for the people of GBC for this season. We are to be a people who speak out for the Lord. The speaking out about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ should be the core of our daily lives. There are more people for the Kingdom of God than we know. We should not be afraid and most certainly not silent! Silence is what helps Satan advance. So let's thank God that He is with us and live our lives in that truth.
Pastor Warren McNeil
Greenford Baptist Church News and Events
GBC CHURCH NEWS week commencing 14 January
- Sunday 14th at 10.00am - The meeting will be led by Rotimi Awoniyi. Pastor Warren will be speaking.
- Monday 15th from 6.00pm to 8.00pm - Games Club. A group for adults to play snooker, table tennis, table football, table games and make friends. £1.00 contribution per person per night.
- Monday 15th at 8.00pm - Prayer Tower. Meets in the church building.
- Tuesday 16th from 9.15am to 11.00am - Noah's Ark Parent & Toddler Group.
- Wednesday 17th from 11.00am to 2.00pm. Friendship Group. In partnership with MHA, we are delighted to offer a space for those of retired age to come and spend time together over tea and soup.
- Friday 19th from 7.30pm to 9.30pm - Undefined, our weekly youth discipleship group. Meets in the church building.
- Sunday 21st at 10.00am - The meeting will be led by Hannah Adenubi and will include communion. Sarah Wiggins, Team Co-Leader and Senior Associate in the Global Advocacy team from Tearfund, will be speaking.
Fancy some midweek fellowship? Well, what about…
It’s 2018 and maybe you’ve entered it hungry for extra opportunities to meet with fellow brothers and sisters to build relationships, pray and support one another and hear from God too.
If that’s you, just to say house-groups start up again this week where you should be able to find all three of the above – not to mention tea, cake and biscuits.
For more information, speak to Pastor Warren or house-group hosts, Jon and Anne Batham or Barbara Pack.
Ealing Winter Night Shelter
We are a venue for people who would normally be forced to sleep outside in the cold. Our dates are every Thursday evening commencing 15th February until 29th March 2018. More details to follow. But please prayerfully consider being a helper on one or more of these evenings. If you have any questions please contact Pastor Warren.
Pastor David Wise Latest Writings
Also here is an article published in Ministry Today in 2015 on the development of multi-ethnic worship at GBC. It is also copyright. Read here
Pastor David's earlier writings can be read at greenfordbaptist.london/wise.
Subscribing to the GBC NEWS email service
Most of us and our friends receive the CHURCH NEWS and Bible teaching video announcements by weekly email but some may not be aware of this service.
If you are not on the subscribers email list you can do so now by adding your name and email address to the adjacent sign-up box.
If you ever change your mind you will be able to un-subscribe at any time by clicking the Safe Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Meeting Together and House Groups
We really encourage everybody at Greenford Baptist Church to think about joining a Meeting Together or mid-week House Group.
Being part of a Meeting Together or house group is as vital to your Christian experience and growth as going to church on Sunday.
Leave a Legacy to a Christian Charity
Do you want to leave a legacy of Christian love in action for the work of Greenford Baptist Church or another Christian charity?
You can play your part in putting God's transforming love into action by leaving a legacy gift to Christian charities when you write your will.
This type of Christian giving is vital to the future of Christian charities, particularly in these challenging times.
When you leave a legacy gift in your will, you can ensure that today's Christian work continues in the future. So, when writing a will, please consider leaving a legacy to a Christian Charity as part of your stewardship giving. It's easy. Browse the Christian Legacy website to find out more, then contact your solicitor. Your gift whatever the size – can make a real difference.
The Writings of Pastor David Wise
West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder
The West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder is a faith communities declaration on community cohesion and if you would like to read more please click here to open the .pdf file of the WLCCP poster. We at Greenford Baptist Church are in active agreement with it.