Book a Room (simple bookings)
Book a Room (simple bookings)
If you are reasonably computer literate and all you need to do is make a simple and straight forward booking it would help our Bookings Administrator if you could use this form instead of the 'flexible, with all possible options' booking form.
If you are having computer problems you can download and print out a pdf booking form. Just fill out the form with a good old fashioned pencil and give it to the Bookings Administrator or hand it in to the Church Office.
You are most welcome to apply for a room booking at Greenford Baptist Church or promote an internal event (or external event that is relevant to GBC). There are no hire charges for Greenford Baptist Church functions/meetings, however charges will usually be made when rooms are booked for personal use or when used by an external hirer. Ask about hire charges in the church office. We accept bookings for most types of events with the notable exceptions of adult's parties and events involving alcohol.
The Events Calendar is not simply a method of booking a meeting space, it’s a Public Relations and Church Information platform and as such we treat everything that is entered on it as if we were creating an event promotional flier.
Before you start filling out the form
Please check that the dates, times and room/s you need don't clash with any existing bookings in the Events Calendar.
If you have any questions or difficulties using the booking form or you wish to cancel/amend a booking please use the bookings administrator mail form.
Now start filling out the booking form
Click this to read the HELP FILE
Explanation of the information that is needed
- Subject: Write the name of the event or meeting here.
- Category of event: If you are not sure which category to choose look at other similar events in the main Events Calendar for clues.
- Access Level: Leave this at the default setting of Public, otherwise it will be invisible!
- Activity: A full description of the event. It is important to create an event description that is appealing as this is the 'advertising text' that appears in the Events Calendar when you hover your mouse over the event. Just writing "Prayer Meeting" is not a good description :-) This is a question of Public Relations! It demonstrates to the public the quality of the events we put on.
- Location: Which room or rooms you will require (including the kitchen if you need it). If you are promoting an External Church Event that people are being encouraged to attend, such as a prayer breakfast at another church please write in the address of the event.
- Contact: The event organiser's contact name and optionally a contact phone number, both of which will be published and visible to the world.
- Extra info or questions to Bookings Administrator: You can write any notes here to the administrator or special requests such as "Can we use the sound system?" etc. This information WILL be published if it's appropriate. You can also write any questions for the bookings administrator, which will NOT be published.
- Your Name: As you are filling out this form you should write your name here, even if you are doing so on behalf of the meeting organiser. If you are the meeting organiser this means you write your name on this form twice :-). The name in this field will NOT be published.
- Your email address: Write your email address here - the automatic confirmation email will be sent here if the booking is approved. If we don't have your mobile/landline phone numbers and postal address on file (for instance if you are not a church member) please also write them here as in case we need to contact you. This information will not be published.
- Please fill in the captcha fields: Press the green Start button. This is an easy and fun captcha game and it doesn't have any hard to read text images. Enjoy playing the game then move on.
- Start, End, Duration section: If this is a one-off booking or a simple series of regular events and you are feeling confident then fine, please carry on and fill in the remaining dates and fields. If you find this too complex you could instead use the more flexible Booking a Room (with all possible options) booking form.
- Date of SINGLE EVENT: This is the date for a one-off event (not a series of events).
- Event BEGINNING and END times: Write in the event beginning and end times. These WILL be published.
- Room required FROM and TO times: If you need the room for longer than the publicised event beginning and end times (for setting up and clearing away) write these times in here - they WILL be published.
- Note: Please don't book events beyond the end of this year, unless it is December now.